- About Institute
- Area of activity
- Pedagogical news
International cooperation in 2012
The international cooperation in 2012
In accordance with the work schedule in 2012, the International cooperation of the Institute of Pedagogy of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine was directed at the study of the foreign experience and the implementation of foreign achievements in Ukraine in the form of recommendations for the Ministry of Education and Science, Youth and Sport of Ukraine, other governmental structures, the development of the cooperation with the international professional community, the organization of the events with the participation of Ukraine, the demonstration of the results of the scientific-research work in the international events which were held abroad, the participation of the Institute staff in the international projects.
As one the leading Institute subsections, the Laboratory of Contrastive Pedagogy is straightforward oriented at the investigation of the implementation of the foreign experience in Ukraine. It conducted a study of the educational politics of the EU and the U.S.A. in the sphere of the guarantee of the quality of the full secondary education. It is one of the principal tasks of the fundamental scientific-research work in 2012-2014 “The Contrastive Analysis of the Provision of Quality of the Full Secondary Education in the Leading Countries of the EU and the U.S.A.” The research touches upon the study and the generalization of the theoretical ideas and the practical experience in the education quality guarantee as well as the specification of the perspective models for Ukraine. The post-graduate students and the PhD student of the Laboratory approbated the research results in Australia, Great Britain, and the Czech Republic.
The Laboratory of Social Science Education, one of the most powerful Institute sub-sections, analyzes, systematizes, and develops the updated content of the Social Studies at the main school. Taking it into consideration, its subject is the investigation of the experience of other countries, the analysis of their achievements and mistakes.
In general, the staff of the Institute organized 18 international events in cooperation with its foreign partners both in Ukraine and abroad. They included the international conference “The Bilingual and the Multilingual Correlation” (Bangor, Wales, Great Britain, the organizer was the British Council of the Economic and the Social Investigations); the international conference “The Multi-Level Management in the Educative Branch: Advantages and Disadvantages (Brussels, Belgium, the organizer was the European Commission); the international scientific-practical conference “Moral Upbringing of the Young Generation. Homeland and Foreign Experience” (Ostroh); the international seminar “The Strategies of the Professional Education and Preparation Reformation” (Brussels, Belgium, the organizer was the European Commission, the European Education Fund); the international seminar “The Educational Policy of the EU and Germany: the Lessons for Ukraine” (Baden-Vurtemberg, Germany, the organizer was the Center of Political Education). During these events, there was an experience exchange between the representatives of the Ukrainian and foreign scientific community, in particularly, the ideas about the national qualification mechanisms framework of the quality guarantee, the methodology of conducting the comparative pedagogy studies, the optimization of the educational institutions management, the civil education problems and the stable development.
The participants from Russia, Belorussia, Croatia, the U.S.A. tool part in the international conferences in Ukraine.
The chief and three researchers of the Laboratory of Rural School (V. V. Meleshko, A. V. Lopukhivs’ka, L. M. Popovych, L. M. Shevchuk) participated in the work of the international scientific-practical conference “The Realization of the Federal State Educational Standards in the Institutions Located in the Country” (Yaroslavl’) which was organized by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, The Department of Education in Yaroslavl’ region, K. D. Ushyns’kyi State Pedagogical University in Yaroslavl’, and the Institute of the Education Development in Yaroslavl’ region. During the event, the experience in the sphere of the problems of the rural school development was exchanged. In accordance with the conference results, the collection of materials was published (The Realization of the Federal State Educational Standards of the General Education in the Institutions Located in the Country: the collection of the materials of the scientific-practical conference on the 25th-26th September, 2012, - T. A. Stepanova, L. V. Bayborodova, M. V. Hruzdev. – Yaroslavl’: the State Pedagogical university in the Yaroslavl’publishing house, 2012. – 427); also, the agreement on the scientific cooperation with K. D. Ushyns’kyi State Pedagogical university in Yaroslavl’ (the Chair of Pedagogical Technologies) was signed for 2001-2015.
Being the experts-consultants, the authors of the educational materials, the Institute staff cooperated with the international and the foreign structures (the European Commission, the European Education Fund, and the British Council in the Economic and the Social Researches) during the whole year. Their projects were the following:
- “The Education for the Stable Development in Action” in the partnership with the civil organization “Teachers for Democracy and Partnership” (Ukraine) and the organization “The Global Operating Plan” which was accredited at the UNO (Sweden) (2010-2012). The chief of the Laboratory of Social Science (O. I. Pometun) and its two researchers (H. V. Syerova, T. O. Remekh) worked as the experts-consultants and the authors of the educational materials. Within the framework of the project, the international conference “Education for the Stable Development in Ukraine: Achievements and Perspectives” (Kyiv, April, 2012, was held); the monograph The Dialogues about Education for the Stable Development” was prepared for the publication; it was written by O. I. Pometun in the co-authorship with M. Mellman, a Professor from Sweden. The book was published in Russian in the Vydavnychyi Dim Osvita publishing house. The publication in English is being prepared now. More than 60 thousands of pupils of the 3rd-9th grades of the Ukrainian comprehensive school study with the scientific-methodological provision which was prepared by the scientists of the Institute and the international experts;
- “The Development of Critical Thinking of the Pupils of a Field-Specified School” in cooperation with the civil organization “Teachers for Democracy and Partnership” (Ukraine) and the civil organizations from Russia, Latvia, and Azerbaijan. Within the framework of the project, the chief of the Laboratory of Social Science Education, O. I. Pometun, worked as an expert and the teachers’ trainer.
- HESP ReSET (Inter-Session 2012 «Islam and Islamic Studies in Post-USSR Countries») which was organized by M. P. Drahomanov National Pedagogical University, the Institute of the Open Society (Budapest, Hungary), “The Young Religion Experts” Association and its continuation HESP ReSET (Summer Session 2012 «Islam and Islamic Studies in Post-USSR Countries») (June, 2012, Kazan’, Tatarstan). During the project work, the methodology of teaching religious problematics was discussed, the study of the experience and the practice of teaching by scientists and pedagogues of different countries, the world-famous professionals in the problematics of Islam, religiology, art, and so on; the trainings and the master-classes which covered creating programs, implementing the foreign languages sources, actualization, and explanation of the courses content, and so on were held.The participation of the academic staff of the Laboratory of Social Sciences Education in the conference Islamic Religious Education in Secular Societies which was organized by the Islam University, M. P. Drahomanov National Pedagogical University, Vienne University (Vienne, Austria) was significant for both the content and the discipline aspects. It included the representatives from more than 20 countries in Europe and Asia who exchanged the experience of the coordination between the state and the educational and religious organizations in order to guarantee the tolerant approach to the religious education issues. Under the conditions of the multicultural and the policonfession situation in Ukraine as well as the actualization of the Islam issues in modern European space, such experience is extremely important especially in the educational sphere where the spiritual potential of the growing generation is formed which means the spiritual potential of the whole nation. In the framework of this project, V. Yu.Kryshmarel, a researcher of the Laboratory of Social Sciences Education, worked as a participant in the partnership with the Swiss-Ukrainian project “ The Support of the Decentralization in Ukraine reporter of the session project work stage (Kyiv, May, 2012, July, 2012);
- “The Implementation of the Distance Education in the System of the Post-Qualifying Training”, which is provided by the National Academy of the State Management «DESPRO». In the framework of the project, H. V. Syerova, a researcher of the Laboratory of Social Sciences Education, worked as an author of the educational and methodical materials;
- REDCo Second Round Quantitative Survey “Religion and Education” which was organized by Hamburg University. The research was directed at the analysis of the way how the pupils from different European countries understand the role of religion in education and in the social life in general. More than 400 pupils of 14-16 years old age from different Ukrainian regions participated in the survey in the cooperation with M. P. Drahomanov National Pedagogical University. In general, all leading European countries (France, Germany, Russian Federation, and so on) took part in the project. An important contribution to the improvement of the international cooperation and the monitoring of the Ukrainian youth views in the issues of the cultural and the religious tolerance became the Laboratory participation in this project.
In future, an important task of the Institute of Pedagogy includes signing the agreements on the cooperation with scientific institutions from foreign countries.
Back to the section